Delinquency FAQ

What is the curfew for kids?

In the City of Tucson, the curfew is 10 p.m. for minors under the age of 16. Between the ages of 16 and 18, the curfew is midnight.

In South Tucson, the curfew is 10 p.m. for anyone under the age of 18.

I am concerned that my child may be headed for trouble. Where can I go?

The Center for Juvenile Alternatives contracts with the Pima County Juvenile Court to provide prevention programs to families.

You may contact them at 724-2912.

My child has been arrested, what can I expect?

There are two types of arrests – paper arrest and physical arrest.

If your child is physically arrested, the parents/guardians will be notified upon his or her arrival to the Pima County Juvenile Court Center. An assessment will be made by a probation officer with respect to release. If the court determines that the minor may be released, parents/guardians will be required to pick them up.

If the court determines that the minor will be detained, a hearing will be held within 24 hours before a Juvenile Court Judge. Again, the parents/guardians are required to attend this hearing. At this time, a probation officer will be assigned to your case and you will receive more information from this officer.

If your child is paper arrested, i.e., cited and released by the police, you will be contacted by a probation officer within 15 days to set up an interview. During this interview, you will receive all pertinent information regarding the charges and your child’s rights.

How can my child’s records be destroyed?

A person may request that his or her juvenile record be destroyed at the age of 18 for misdemeanor offenses. You must send a written request to:

Clerk of the Superior Court

Juvenile Division

2225 E. Ajo Way

Tucson, AZ 85713

Please be sure to include the person’s name, date of birth, address and telephone number. If the juvenile record includes a felony or DUI, you are not eligible to have your records destroyed until the age of 25.