Detention Services - Medical and Mental Health Services
A private company, contracted by Pima County, provides medical and mental health services for the Detention Center's detained youth. Services include:
- Pre-detention medical, physical, and mental health screening
- Physical Exams, including tuberculosis testing
- Treatment of minor injuries and illnesses
- Providing medication monitoring and psychiatric consultation
- Providing crisis intervention, evaluation services, and mental health continuity of care services
For more serious injuries and illnesses, youth may be transported to the Tucson Medical Center or other medical facilities in the area for treatment.Parents and/or legal guardians with questions or concerns regarding the health of their youth should call the Detention Center medical office administrator at 724-4592.